De la Pinte
The vines of Domaine de La Pinte were historic until the ravages of phyllorexa had their way with the Jura. It wasn't until the 50's that local vigneron Roger Martin started to replant the vines, with the first official vintage being 1959. Today his son Pierre oversees the domaine with Bruno Ciofi and Emmanuel Perraud at the helm in the cellar. The vineyards sit 400m above sea level on the infamous blue marl of Arbois up to Château-Chalon, Pierre cultivates mainly Savignin across the 34 ha, with a few ha of Poulsard, Chardonnay, Trousseau and Pinot Noir. The plots were certified biodynamic by Demeter in '09. Wines are aged on fine lees and racked according to the lunar calendar. Minimal SO2 is added.